By trying family recipes I am reminded of Forrest Gump’s favorite saying: “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get.” The philosophy that one must be open to try new things was what I did with carrot Jell-O but I soon learned why it has stayed in the family cookbook. “Carrot Jell-O” has been passed down for many centuries because of is mouthwatering and unique taste. Give it a try.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon flavored Jell-O® mix
- 2 (6 ounce) package orange flavored Jell-O® mix
- 4 large carrots
- 10 oz. crushed pineapple
- 5 cups water
- Using a food processor, shred 4 large carrots into a bowl
- In a large bowl, prepare the 1 package lemon gelatin and 2 packages orange gelatin with 2 ½ cups boiling hot water and 2 ½ cups cold water
- Stir in pineapple and shredded carrots into a 9X9 pan with the liquid Jell-O mix. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
Enjoy delicious and nutritious Jell-O