- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Avocado
- 5 tablespoons lime juice or 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
Directions: In a large mixing bowl, combine the fresh corn, onions, peppers, beans, garlic and tomatoes. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, cumin, Sriracha(hot sauce) and olive oil. Add the liquid mix to the vegetable mix, lightly tossing to coat. Slowly add the diced avocado and mix it in. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Cover and chill the summer salsa until ready to serve. Can be served with crackers, chips or even enjoyed right out of the bowl!
Tip: When selecting fresh corn, look for husk that have good green coloring. If you buy the corn from the farmers market, make sure it hasn’t been sitting out in the sun all day, as the high temperatures can convert the corn sugar to starch causing it to loose its sweet flavor.