Dark Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c. oats, ground into flour
- ½ t. sea salt
- ½ t. baking powder
- 2 T. Chia seed
- ¼ t. powdered stevia extract
- ¼ c. maple syrup (or Honey)
- ¼ c. coconut oil, melted
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 T. water or almond milk
- ½ c. dark chocolate chips, (not optional, omit at your own risk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until smooth and all the beans are crushed
- Slowly add in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the batter into a well-oiled 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (knife or toothpick should come out clean).
- Put the brownies in the fridge to cool (still in the pan), untouched for about 30 minutes. This is crucial to keeping the shape of the brownie, as there is no binding agent present.
- Once cooled, cut and serve!