The season of PUMPKIN is upon us. From the famous pumpkin spiced latte to pumpkin smoothies, fall has officially arrived. I’m a HUGE fan of all things pumpkin from muffins, smoothies, and even adding it to my oatmeal, it is delicious.
These cookies are super easy, fun and wonderful way to enjoy fall. They make the rainy days not so bad and the fall colors even brighter. Not only are they delicious but they are nutritious, imagine that! Eat them anytime of the day for a fun fall treat.
These cookies are vegan and gluten free to please everyone!
- 4 cups gluten free oats
- 2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top (plus a few extra for snacking on while baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make oat flour by placing oatmeal into blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour or you can use a gluten free flour (if you do this, use 3 cups only).
- In a separate bowl, whisk baking powder, baking soda, salt, stevia and spices. Once mixed, add the oat flour to the bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, vanilla extract, oil, and applesauce for 1-2 minutes until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Slowly add in oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon out onto the pan using a tablespoon. Add a few chocolate chips to the top and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes.