I am a crazy about carrots. I enjoy them so much, sometimes I tend to eat so many that I get a nice glow to my skin which resulted in my nickname ‘carrot girl’. Carrots are very high in Vitamin A and roasting them allows your body to absorb even more as an added bonus.
Roasting carrots is so simple and enhances the flavor immensely. Drizzling with balsamic vinegar, sprinkling with cinnamon and cumin really bring out the flavor. This combination of spices is one of my favorites!
- 1 pound of carrots, washed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Dash of coarse salt
- Cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F
- Rinse the carrots and dry them. Cut the carrots lengthwise into ½ inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon and cumin
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add carrots. Drizzle the carrots with the liquid mix coating evenly
- Place the carrots in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until crisp
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and fresh cilantro
I hope you enjoy these delicious carrot as much as I do.
What did you serve them with?