Add some zest to ordinary popcorn by creating this chili cheese popcorn. A great summer party popcorn bursting with so much flavor there will not be room for a dull moment.
Chili Cheese Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn kernels (popped)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Zest of two limes
TOTAL YIELD: 4.5 ounces, (About 16 cups of popcorn)
TOTAL NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4
INDIVIDUAL SERVING SIZE: 1.12 ounces
- In a medium size saucepan on medium high heat add the oil along with 2 or 3 popcorn kernels and cover the pan. When the kernels pop, add the ½ cup of popcorn kernels and put the lid on. Once the popcorn begins popping, gently shake the pan and once the popping slows down, remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the popcorn into a bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, chili powder and cayenne pepper and toss. Zest 2 limes onto the popcorn. Enjoy immediately for the freshest popcorn.
Enjoy! This is my new favorite way to prepare popcorn. Do you have any popcorn ‘secrets’ or fun recipes? I would love to her how you enjoy this wonderful WHOLE GRAIN!