I am so sorry for not posting a recipe in a very LONG time. In short, I just graduated college, went backpacking in Europe and then I have been working two jobs so life has been a little crazy lately. With that said, this recipe is super fast, convenient and full of nutrients to help power me through my days. Pan seared Tuna cooked medium-rare is one of my favorite meals of all time and is super easy to make. It takes only 5 minutes for this whole recipe from start to finish and will leave you with a big smile.
- 1, 6oz piece of tuna
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. freshly ground peppercorns
- In a small bowl, combine 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), lime juice, garlic, ginger and peppercorns and stir together
- In a frying pan, add 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) on medium-high heat
- Allow oil to heat up and place tuna in the pan for 1 minute on each side (I set a timer so I could be exact)
- Once you flip the tuna for the first time, drizzle olive oil and spices on top of the tuna
- If you like your tuna more well done, allow it to cook for a longer duration on each side
- Enjoy with a side of avocado and kale for a balanced and delicious meal
Tuna is very high in protein and is a great substitution for red meat in the diet. I really enjoy it after a long run or working out to replenish my body. I hope you enjoy this recipe!